Saturday 29 December 2007

Xmas Greetings!!!

Hey Peeps!
Compliments of the Season!
Don't you just love December?!!!!
I've not spent Xmas in Nigeria for donkey years but quite honestly, I really enjoyed this Xmas.
We couldn't make our planned holiday travels cos I just started work and we didn't close for the year(lol).
I bought my Xmas tree and decorations during the first week of December.
In my excitement, I 'over-dressed' my poor Xmas tree.
I also ordered 13beautiful '14-inch rich fruit cakes' for neighbours, friends and families.
Those cakes were beautiful and they cost more than my habitual can of chocolate: Heroes, Roses & Celebration.
Hubby and I got 4 LIVE chickens and a LIVE turkey amidst other gifts.
I have an extreme phobia for all LIVE animals, so I won't go into details about the looks of horror on my face each time a bird was delivered, especially when the gift-bearer tried to hand it over to me!!!!
Gosh! I absolutely forgot that people give such gifts.
Anyways, we gave all the birds out as my hubby said he couldn't put a knife to any creature's throat!!!
And I can't pluck the feathers from a dead bird, that smell is so nauseating, it sickens me and that's the reason why I don't eat any bird.
Yupp! I don't eat chicken, turkey, ducks etc. If it's a bird......count me out!!!
Anyways, hubby and I each got a bag of rice, cooking oil, spices etc from work and loads of Xmas cards.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

AJEA BO!! LOL!! U should have brought the chicken, turkey et al and I would have helped u put a knife to them and plucked it to wit! LOL!!

Merry Xmas and Have a Wonderful New Year ahead. Cheers.

Arewa said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR HON. Hope u and hubby had a wonerful Christmas X X