Friday 25 January 2008

Can you wear my shoes.....

It's a night before our 1st wedding anniversary and we are trying hard to look happy.
We have planned an anniversary party strictly by invitation with all the works.....
But we are not excited about it......not anymore.
Hubby and I went to see an Obstetrician/Gynaecologist.
We did some fertility tests and he booked us in for an appointment at the close of work today.
I was hoping to hear him say: There's no problem.......
Well,there is a problem.
*Sigh*
But LORD, why us? Why LORD? Why?!!!
The doctor said my test results were okay, but I have a fibroid growing on my womb, but it won't affect conceiving or carrying to full term.
The bad news: My husband's sperm count is low, very low.
I held hubby and cried. He held me quietly and kept whispering: Babes, I'm sorry....I'm sooo sorry. Please don't cry.
The doctor said not to blame him or take it out on him and not to stress him.
I said: I'll be mad to do that! What if it was me?
I turned to hubby and said: Babes, I don't blame you. We are in this together.
Doc: Calm down
Me: I can't....cos we don't deserve this....it's not fair. why doctor?...why?,,,why....
Doc: There's a solution....
He said I was going to be placed on some drugs during the third day of my next period and then hubby's sperm would be released directly into my womb with the use of some big injection-like tube. He said there's hope and it's not a bad scenario and we were tackling it early blablabla
As he spoke, tears ran down my cheeks uncontrollably, hubby held on to me gently.
Doc: Madam, please take it easy. Do you need some time alone?
Hubby: (gruffly) Yes please
As he left us, I started sobbing quietly....
Self-Pity....Why Me? Why Us? Why LORD? Why?! Why?!
Hubby: Babes, I am sorry for putting you through this
Me: I am not crying for me. I am crying for us. I am sorry if it makes you feel worse but I just can't stop it....cos we don't deserve this.....

My heart is bleeding.....
You have to wear my shoes to understand how I feel

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Dry your tears joo, with medication, monitoring and perseverance, all will be fine. Do not doubt God, this will be your testimony.Do more research and you will see that it is not so bad. Goodluck and all the best.

Unknown said...

You do not have to publish this, first off do another test, this time, your hubby should go 3 days without ejaculation.

In the meantime, here are some things for your hubby to do:

Limit cell/laptop usage;
Limit hanging around the microwave;
Limit taking hot baths, so no hot tub;
wear boxers only;
Limit bike riding, including stationary bikes;
ejaculate with three day intervals ;
the things to limit will be better avoided but...

for you, look for relaxation techniques you can both do together, stress is one of the number one factors of LSC,

don't despair, Jesus is on his throne, move past the why me phase and be proactive, research and implement, this is a project.This is very fixable,there is always IVF to speed up the process. Good luck.

Arewa said...

I can imagine how u feel hon cus, my sister in law went through the same thing and I am glad to say that SHE IS NOW 3 MONTHS PREGANAT(SHE AND BABY ARE DOING VERY WELL)... theres always a way out.. the Doctor has assured u of that and instead of you to feel down and out already.. try and have some faith.. u and hubby need each other more than ever and u both have to be strong....
Iknow its easier said than done .. its not going to be easy but u have to believe and have faith . Call on God and ask that he give u the strength to take on this challenge ....I will be praying for u hon... it is well

Zoe Believer said...

I can't claim to understand how you feel, I know i would be devastated if it was me but I still believe in a God of miracles who will give you an uncommon testimony. I shall be praying because this post touches my heart and hits really close to home. It shall be well with you and hubby in Jesus name. Don't give up

readyornot said...

sweetie,

pls be encouraged....i know this is not the time u wanna hear any kind of cliche, but just take it one day at a time, i have testimonies of people who have persevred and had babies, some multiples, some of them are still waiting....
with ur personality and the love between u and ur hubby, i know u will make great parents....God is just preparing some great babies, that u can dress up in cute clothes from baby gap!!!
take care

Unknown said...

We understand Copido but just be strong and hold strong onto that one fact - we all serve a living God, a miracle working God whose works have defied science in numerous other cases. It is possible. Dont despair. Cheers.

webround said...

real sorry about this. as they say - "it's not over, till it's over." keep on praying and consider the medical option the doctor has provided.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

I'm so sorry....but believe that our God is able and willing to do exceedingly abundantly in our lives...God bless you!

Fluffycutething said...

*hugs*

Not much i can say but i've seen miracles and i know God is truly merciful.

You situation will not be an exception just hold on to your faith in God

Mimi said...

Darling.

Sarah gave birth @ 90, abraham was 100.

You know we serve a Living and Able and Mighty God who shuts the wombs of those who are very fertile and opens the wombs of those who may seem unfertile..

This is El-Shaddai we are talking about..

I am not able to walk in your shoes..but I know (and you know) of Him who knows what size of shoes you wear, who knows what kind of shoes fit you and knows when the shoes hurt or not.

Peace that surpasses all understanding is yours.

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

Ok Honey. It is truly well. Cos am married a year too. My Anniversary was last sunday. All i can say is i understand and know its best u guys have found out.


It"s well and good luck. Soon we'll come for the baby's naming ceremony. You will come for mine too AMEN!!!.

aloted said...

wow..copido..so sorry to hear about this. please remember that God knows ALL and he will not leave u helpless....trust in him and believe that everything is working for ur good. i know it is hard and cant imagine how you are feeling. all i can do is pray for you.
it is well with you and your husband

Aspiring nigerian woman said...

I am so sorry. God is in control, I think you should look at other options, try IVF. I am sure things will work out.

I will be back on your blog, it is great!

Copido said...

Thanks all. I appreciate your support.