Tuesday 11 September 2007

911

It's hard to believe it's been 6years.
I remember that day vividly.
I was in my mother's flat and I just had a shower.
I was planning to go somewhere later in the day, maybe church.
So I switched on the TV to while away some time and I saw a plane crashing into the twin towers.
I actually thought it was a film preview and I laughed and thought:
'These Americans and their silly and evil imaginations!'
I picked up the remote and switched channels: same thing, CNN Breaking News.
I made a mental note to help adjust mum's TV settings and skip some channels.
After switching channels four times or so, it finally dawned on me that I wasn't watching the preview of a film, it was real!!!
I watched, transfixed, as a second plane crashed into the towers, as a state of emergency was declared, as an order to evacuate the city was given, I watched as the twin towers crumbled and vaguely heard news of other plane crashes and watched as the Breaking News strip changed to: America is under attack!!! I watched as men and women ran and cried and I watched as firemen ran for their lives in the chaos. I watched as families gripped the pictures of loved ones that were assumed missing. I watched for two/three days and I cried at the wickedness of men!!
I couldn't stop crying and I remember having sore eyes and a terrible headache for nights.
Terrorism is evil!!
Violence is never a good option, there's always another way!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Terrorism sure is evil. 6 years seem tohave flown past in the twinkle of an eye. May God keep and protect the families of all those who lost their lives as well as the rest of us safely in his arms, Amen.

Arewa said...

My heart goes out all the people who lost friends, family and loved ones on 09/11.
May God Almighty grant u the strength to move on with ur lives.
IT CANT BE EASY!!

Aijay said...

Its a lie!!! Copido is back! I can't believe this.
How could you do this to me?
To Aijay of all people? Ehn? Copido answer me. Lol.

Babes I've missed you a lot. Didn't know what to think. I assumed hubby found ur blog so you decided to stop blogging.
I'm glad all is well & that you only took some time off to get closer to HIM.
Welcome back, hopefully you won't stay away for long.
Ehm...I see you put up this post over a week ago. Can we get an update pls? Lol.
L8r babes!

Arewa said...

Waiting for an update on how the Apple cider vinegar tablets have worked soo far ;)

Mimi said...

wow! cant believe it's been six years! i actually didnt count.

there's no other way to do evil oh, those people r evil!