Sunday 4 November 2007

New Job.....Mixed Feelings

P.S.
Please forgive me for not sharing this earlier.
You know I don't blog as often as I used to.


Last thanksgiving Sunday, hubby and I went to have some Chinese after a long service.

We were quite exhausted when we got home.

Infact, hubby barely managed to pull off his clothes before falling asleep, but I wanted to clean the freezer so I didnt go to sleep immediately.

After giving the kitchen a thorough cleaning up, I picked my phone to check for messages/missed calls.

There was a text from 'That Company' asking me to come pick my offer letter the following day.

I screamed and scared poor hubby badly.

He joined me in screaming and running from one end of the living room, to the other end of the dining room.

I hugged him tightly and thanked him immensely for being a pillar of support.

I picked my offer letter the next day, and to my surprise, the salary was more than N2m over what I had asked, so my earning power is between N5m - N10m per annum.

I won't tell you how much exactly.

Not bad at all, considering the Nigerian economy/cost of living.

Apparently, there was a salary review some months ago......lucky me!!!

I started 8th October and training has been exciting so far.

Meanwhile, hubby and I already agreed I might return to the UK in December to resume my old job as I have been on unpaid leave since January.

I'm so happy I'm not gonna be separated from my hubby!

Yippee!!!!

So I'm on probation for 6months and I won't qualify for paid maternity leave till after 18months, so technically, I have to hold off getting pregnant till at least my 9th month.

Hubby and I have talked about it and we've decidedwe'll cross 'that bridge' when we get there, but I already know I won't terminate my baby/babies for any job.

I was just thinking this morning that it might actually be better for me to return to the UK as I have worked with that UK company for years and I won't get fired for getting preggers.

But if I return to the UK, I'll be separated from my hubby and it's unhealthy for a marriage of less than a year.

I know we survived a long distance relationship prior to marriage but it's different after marriage, plus it won't help if we're looking @ starting a family immediately!

Lord, why is it taking so long? Why?!

I am having mixed feelings about the job now. *Sigh*

It's hard to celebrate, but I'm sailing through one day at a time.

What do you reckon peeps?

12 comments:

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

aww babes, congratulations on the new job, i think i have an idea where it is, cos of the increase u said, i digress, not sure its a good idea to leave ur hubby o, u know naija girls odikwa very risky,, but weight ur opetions and see. i know 'that place' is very strict wih the maternity leve rule but abeg wont u survive if u dont work there???

readyornot said...

gyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyrl, i am so happy for you. i really am...i can feel the excitment in your voice!!!!!!!!!!!

God has started this good work, he makes all things beautiful in his time...he brought the job at this time...he will bring the pikins too.

You know u dont wanna stay at home, and U KNOW YOU DONT WANNA BE SEPERATED FORM YA HUBBY....(and by how great you make him sound, you better not go and get any job in UK o)

I like the one day at a time.....be happy about the job, the blessings of the Lord maketh rich and adds no sorrow, enjoy ya new job.. and more money for you to buy the twins those lovely kiddie baffs, yes i said twins :-).

be happy, really i mean that....

Aijay said...

Awww Congrats Copido! This is gr8 news.
Don't worry about having babies. God has blessed ur marriage already. He'll make it happen at the right time.

For the love of me said...

Hey, congrats about ur new job, living apart from ones's husband can be toughooo so yu may want to think hard abt the Uk option, One day at a time is what i'll say.More good things will come.

Arewa said...

Oh so i see u decided to go into blog over drive.
Congrats on the new job...i owe u a celebratry drink..lol

I think u should stay with hubby and concerntrate on this job, if the money is ok for the plans that u two have made for the future. As long as theres enought for now and enough to put by for later then please stay with ur hubby and enjoy married life to the max, but if not them oh girl u better go and pack ur bags and air ur winter jacket....i have seen a lot of my married friends do this whole working abroad thing and trust me its not easy.. they start to miss thier families and soo on.
Then again if the job here in the UK pays u very well then hey i bet a trip back home every 2 weeks or once a month should do and it will aslo give hubby the chance to come and visit.

aloted said...

congrats girl!!!

like others have said being with ur husband now is very paramount...God will lead u in the right way.

Unknown said...

Congratulations girl!! Such good, good news.

Believe me, you dont want to leave your new husband alone and relocate. Its not healthy for even the strongest marriages oh.

Like your man said, when you get to that bridge, you'll cross it. Hope you enjoy your new work niche. Cheers.

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

Congrats Copido. Congrats God is surely making all beautiful for u. From this one now u can move to greater jobs.

Afrobabe said...

congrats on the new job...darling stay there oh...we don't want to hear "had I known"...stay with him...

Thirty + said...

CONGRATS!

IT'S BETTER TO STAY WITH YOUR HUBBY IS MY TAKE.

Thirty + said...

CONGRATS!

IT'S BETTER TO STAY WITH YOUR HUBBY IS MY TAKE.

princesa said...

Hurray!!!
My congratulations is coming late but it all good still.
Am so happy for you dear.

You want babies abi? I dont think moving back to the Uk will be good since you need to stay close to hubby to get preggers now.

My take is this, go with the flow girl. When you get to the river, you cross it.

Goodluck.
ps: Its been a while babes, i didnt even know you had re-opened ur blog.