Friday 2 November 2007

Playing in the Rain



Hello peeps!
Wasnt last Saturday just awesome?!
Well, it was for me.
Since I returned from the UK to Lagos, Nigeria, I have been bathing with very warm water, I doubt I've had any cold showers.
Early Saturday morning, I was woken by the sounds of heavy rainfall and when I peeped, it was raining cats and dogs.
Hubby had gone for yet another Bachelor's Eve the night before so I was home alone.
I desperately wanted to play in the rain but not by myself so i waited....

We don't have a gateman because my landlord doesnt like them so we usually leave a padlock outside when someone is out so they can let themselves in when they return.

But the night before, there had been four loud gunshots so i guess my neighbours must have removed the padlock from outside for obvious security reasons.
Anyways, hubby eventually returned and as he couldnt let himself in, he rang me to come open the gate.
I was sooo excited but i moaned about him waking me up so early and that I couldn't come out in the rain.
He said okay, he would wait in the car for a bit.

I quickly donned my night-robe and dashed out without any slippers.
Hubby drove in quickly and expressed concern about my uncovered hair and bare feet but I didn't mind at all.
The cold rain was pelting down all over me and my robe was soaked in an instant!
And, Gosh, it felt soooo good!!!!

Hubby tried to push me in quickly.
Me: Babes, please lets stay and play in the rain a bit. It's been so long since I've done this.
Hubby: (sigh) Babes, I am soo tired
Me: Pleeeease
Hubby: Ooooooooooh!!!!! I want to sleep!
Me: Pleeeeease
Hubby: Okay but you must promise me you won't start screaming especially when u get excited.
Me: I promise!

Hubby stripped to his boxers while I took off my robe, I was wearing a thin strapped cotton camisole with matching knickers underneath.
We dashed into the cold rain excitedly and ran round to the back of the house.
I found a spot where the rain-water was gushing down from the roof and stood there with my eyes closed, my head tilted backwards and my arms spread wide apart.
The ice-cold water flowed on my head and down my body.
Hubby pushed me away excitedly and stood in my place.
I almost screamed then but I managed to jump up and down in excitement!!!!
We took turns at going under the water, it was like our own waterfall(hehehehe)
My teeth started chattering and hubby suggested we returned into the house but I begged for 10more minutes, then 5more minutes etc
Eventually, he started pulling me towards the door while I struggled to pull us both back to our waterfall.

Of course, hubby won't pull/push too hard so I kept winning over and over again until the rain subsided.
We tip-toed back to the front door and returned to the comfort of our home.
Hubby grabbed a towel and dried my body and my hair, I felt so pampered.
Then he dried himself and pushed me gently on the bed.
And we made sweet, sweet love.
Peeps, we didn't wake up till 3pm.
Hubby had a total of 61missed calls on his 3phones. I had 17missed calls but who cares?
I am so happy I'm married to my hubby.....and he doesnt mind bathing in ice cold showers.


So who enjoys playing in the rain?
I fell in love with the picture of those Liberian children playing in the rain and I remember how i never cared for a raincoat when I was young/shall i say younger (Ye know I'm not so old!)
I was so like them, though luckier....much luckier!
I wanna be a child again....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

U two were playing in the rain like kids!! OMG!! But then, its ur life and u're both consenting adults - married to each other. Enjoy it while you still can. Cheers. LOL!!

7 said...

You made me miss the rainfalls back home, the sound of rain pelting the roof...here in Los Angeles, the rainfall is so quiet that it is over b4 you know it rained....I miss home!

aloted said...

awwwwwwww...sweet :0)

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

So awesome, wow...........