Thursday 11 December 2008

More Copido Uncovered II

I returned to my office wondering how he made the connection.
Accent, Cars, Blog and Instinct?
I logged into my system and typed: https://www.blogger.com/start ready to delete my entire blog but I failed to remember the password – too bad.
So why did I agree to meet him after work?
What were we going to talk about?
I did a quick search, Aday HR and found out he was several levels above my paltry level.

After work,,,,,,,, I bolted!
Coward????
Yeah right and thanks!
Singing; YOU CAN SAY WHAT U WANNA SAY......

On getting home, internet had been disconnected so I went to bed early.

The next day, traffic was light and I arrived at work really early to read my blog from an outsider’s perspective.
I drove into my favourite parking slot and admired the car sticker on the beamer parked next to me: ‘Drive it like you stole it’

As I was getting my stuff together to get out of the car,

Aday: Hello Copido
Startled, I almost jumped out of my skin.
Me:(Quite irritated) Why did you creep up on me like that?
Aday: Sorry I thought you saw me.
Me: I didn’t
Aday: But you were staring at my car.
Me: Which car?
Aday: The black BMW
Me: I was looking at the car sticker
Aday: Oh, that hurts.
Me: Are you trying to flirt with me?
Aday: Definitely not. I would have been flirting if I had told you I was really disappointed when I saw your wedding band.
Me: Excuse me. I am married and I am happy and I am not going to encourage you.
Aday: I apologise

I grabbed my jacket, handbag, tote bag, phones, flask, newspaper and folders and tried to lock my car door.


Aday: Let me help you.
Me: I am fine

He took my magazine, flask and folder anyway.
Me: Thank you.

We took the lift to my floor.

Me: Good-morning all
My colleagues (to Aday): Morning sir. Goodmorning Oga Aday. Oga Goodmorning oh.
Aday: Morning everyone.
Colleague: Oga, I hope you are not moving madam to another unit. Please leave her here with us
No response.

Aday: You stood me up yesterday
Me: I had things to do.
Aday: Can we do lunch today?
Me: Whatever it is you are looking for, read my lips: I am not interested,
Aday: First, you shouldnt make assumptions so quickly and secondly do you have to be sooooo rude?
Me: I don’t have time for this. Have a nice day.
He left.

I turned to power on my puter and prepare for my one-on-one session with my HR partner, Chioma.
I wondered why I was angry…..was he the cause???
I wondered but I had no answer.
At 830am, I took the stairs to our personnel department,
Chioma was waiting for me in the conference room.
Me: Hello
Chioma: hello Copido. I think my supervisor might want to take this session.
She made a quick call on the intercom: 'Copido is here' and of course, in comes Aday.
Chioma introduced us quickly and left.
Aday was cordial and professional throughout the session.
He answered my questions thoroughly and before long the session was over and I had learnt quite a number of things to apply and reapply in my role as team leader.

I thanked him and as I got up to leave, he grabbed my arm: Please hold on
Sigh.
Aday: I just want to apologise…..if there’s anything I’ve done that annoyed or offended you, I am really sorry.
Me: okay
Aday: What i told you yesterday……
Me: your secret is safe with me
Aday: thanks. Can we do lunch together today?
Me: sure.

So we had luch together that day and many days after.
We talked about my blog, my current predicament, he shared his experiences with various fertility experts in the country and abroad.
Over time, we developed a good and genuine mature friendship.
It wasn’t long before rumours started flying: ‘Aday broke up with his wife because of Copido’, Aday and Copido are getting married’ Aday and Copido have moved in together’ etc
Some of my colleagues were quick to tell me that they disliked Aday as he had been ‘very wicked and inconsiderate’ to them.
I had never seen that side of Aday so I let them say and of course we laughed it off

I encouraged Aday to make contact with his wife (ch) and not give up on his marriage.
And after several trips to Nigeria's Garden City, his wife agreed to return home.
For reasons unknown to me I had mixed feelings about the reconciliation.
I was very happy for him yet i also felt jealous because it meant I was going to have to share him with her……imagine that......

2 comments:

aloted said...

hmm i can imagine ur mixed feelings..

so does ur hubby know about Aday n the issue with his wife? just asking

NigeriaPolitricks.com said...

"I was very happy for him yet i also felt jealous because it meant I was going to have to share him with her"...

I thought yall were just friends. this mad jealousy for another's woman's man got me thrown off...Copido, what's up with your hussy?! Anywayz, welcome back!!!!!