Tuesday 9 December 2008

More Copido Uncovered

He said: Copido
I was shocked.......and speechless.
He said: Hello Copido, my name is Ade (pronounced Aday)
Still speechless.
He said: Can I join you..........?
Me: Nooooo. Nooooo. How did you know?
Aday: Know about you/Copido?
Me: Does anyone else know? Did you tell anyone else?
Aday: I swear...
Me: Dont swear
Aday: At least let me sit.

I felt so 'scattered' so like someone had invaded my privacy and I got up in anger, very close to tears, my lunch forgotten. I walked quickly to the ladies and I cried.

How can?

How come?

I was so stupid to put up my entire life on the internet......foolish gal, foolish gal, foolish gal.

I never blogged in the office before so no chance he hacked into my system.

But how then?????

And who else knows????

I wiped off my tears and decided I was going to delete my blog right away before he leaked it out to anyone else.
As I walked out of the loo, I saw him standing right across the lobby area.

Aday: Copido can i have just one minute, please?

He sounded almost desperate.

Me; So who else knows?

Aday: I'm going through what you are going through, I have the same problem with your husband. You have my word that I would never disclose Copido to anyone else.
Me: How did you make the connection between me and Copido?
Aday: Your accent, the Nissan and Mercedes M-class cars...and instinct.
Me: I am sure I have never seen you before.
Aday: I work in HR and you've moved departments so many times that I have lost count.
Me: How long have you known?
Aday: Today.
Me: And for how long have you suspected?
Aday: Since you faced the disciplinary committee for insubordination to MY.

We both laughed.

Aday: Please don’t delete your blog
Me: I have to, before anyone else finds out
Aday:Please.
Me: Why?
Aday: Please
Me: ???????
Aday: Copido please, i beg you, don’t delete it.
Me: Why?????
Aday: The tears and laughter your blog has given to me mean so much to me.

I noticed he wasn’t wearing a wedding band.

Me: Are you married?
Aday: Yes and no?
Me: ???????
Aday: I was married for 4years, my wife left me in January.
Me: Sorry about that. was it because of your problem?
He nodded and I felt like hugging him but I just squeezed his fingers and said: I am sorry about it.
He nodded again and I saw that he was crying.
So I hugged him and whispered: Don’t do that!!!! Stop it!!!!!
Just then his blackberry beeped.

Aday: I have to go. Can we meet after work?
I couldn’t think of anything else to say.
Me: why not?

And I watched him walk away.

4 comments:

The experiences of an achiever....... said...

Welcome back copido!!! wow! is all i can say...we milzed u.

kk said...

Thank goodness!!!!!!!!! was seriously considering sending out a search party glad to know you haven't left. Hope all's well and still keeping you in my prayers.

Seasons greetings

aloted said...

wow....
amazing

Writefreak said...

Awww...i know what you mean about having your privacy invaded but i'm so sure the guy needed that hug and it's a good thing you were able to give it to him...

It's tough but it's for better for worse, his wife should not have left him hsnging...hope your meet after work went well.

It is well! How're you doing?