Saturday 7 July 2007

7 Things About Me



i) Reality TV Addict





Thanx to Eastenders, Coronation Street, Nollywood films etc, I detest all soap operas/series.
I hate the fact that they just keep going on and on and never end
and I hate films with Parts 1, 2, 3 etc.
Instead, I'm a Reality TV addict!!!!
I absolutely love reality shows: The Apprentice(Sir Alan's), Shipwrecked, Dragon's Den, Big Brother, Celebrity Big Brother, I'm A Celebrity Get Me Outta Here, X-Factor, American Idol, Laugh out Loud, Strictly Come Dancing, Deal or No Deal, Hell's Kitchen
, Supernanny, Wife Swap, Extreme Makeover, America's Next Top Model, Fear Factor, Joe Millionaire, The Weakest Link, Who Wants To be a Millionaire ....... and no, I don't watch Lost, Spooks, Desperate Housewives etc. No thank you!!!


ii) Toilet FreAK

I hate using any toilet that's not mine and I never leave home without toilet roll.
I’ll tell you why.

Before I use any loo, I wrap my left-hand with tissue to lift the toilet-seat and then I put layers of tissue into the toilet-bowl to prevent spatter and then I squat over the toilet bowl to wee or poo.
When I’m done, I wrap my hand in tissue again to flush the toilet, open the cubicle door and turn the tap to wash my hands.

I always use the last tap in public toilets cos I think it’s rarely used therefore not so 'germful'. (lol)
If there’s a pedal-bin, I dump my tissue in there but if it’s one of the bins u have to push with ur hands, I’m dumping it on the floor...…

iii) Sean Bramingham -Coxwell

He was native American, tall, and lean, with firm muscles in the right place.
He was clean-shaven, had deep-blue eyes that saw into the depth of my soul and his voice was a clear, deep, unique and sexy baritone.
He had long brown hair, that he tied back into a neat ponytail.
He had a mighty big ranch in Texas with the best Arabian horses.

He was called ‘A Mighty Heart’ and he was the head of a native American clan.
He called me ‘Passion Princess’ and he had fallen in love with me at first sight.
He kidnapped me one sunny afternoon and we got married at a big, empty chapel.
He was the perfect gentleman and loved by all his clan.

He bought me lovely dresses and he made me a potion that made my hair grow long and silky. We went to the theatre together, did all our shopping together and we lived happily though we were envied by many.
We had the most beautiful children in America: The twins: Alexander (Alex) and Alexandra (Alexa) Bramingham Coxwell and the triplets: Phillippa (Pippa), Phillip (Philly) and Pearly(Pea) Bramingham-Coxwell.

I fell in love with Sean when I was ten.
I’m smiling like an idiot, because Sean Bramingham-Coxwell was a fantasy man(built out of my imaginations) but he was my imaginary boyfee for years and no peeps, I don't think about him any more......I swear......

*Sigh*
Look what all those years of Mills and Boon, Harlequin
Romance, Silhouette and Historical Romance did to me..

iv) Camera

I looooooooove the camera.
Come on, give it to me, smile, pout, turn around, bend your knee, clutch your bag in front of you, no beside you, tilt your head, give me that sexy look.....lol.
That's me practising my picture perfect pose in front of the mirror before leaving home.
I'm like Paris Hilton with the camera, I mean on the other side of the camera.
Gosh, I'm so vain!!!!
I actually own two digital cameras (prize possessions) and I never miss an opportunity to have my pictures taken. (My victims: Mr P, my neighbour's househelp, hubby and innocent bystanders at parties).

Thank GOD, no Nigerian party is complete without freelance photographers: I'll take portrait shots, half- and full-length shots and side view shots from almost every photographer I lay my eyes on and yes, I always have the perfect pose pre-prepared.
I've been featured a few times in some of those fashion mags and I looked lovely even though I wasn't even aware I was being snapped by paparazzi (lol).
We also have some photographers in church who are always snapping away once they sight me/ hubby and I...and hubby hates it!!! (lol)
Infact,
I have a website that has all my pictures, family, hubby, friends et al, but it's got very restricted access

v) Bathing Sponge

The only bathing sponge I use is kon-kon (the native/traditional, coarse and stranded Yoruba sponge made from trees? and usually yellowish in colour).
If I scrub with anything else, I'll feel filthy and in need of a proper scrub.
When I was living abroad, I always made my relatives buy and DHL kon-kon to me. (lol)
And when I'm travelling or staying over @ a friends, the first thing I pack is fresh kon-kon.
On our wedding night, hubby almost fainted when I brought out my kon-kon to bathe.
You shoulda seen the look on his face, like: "Are you having a laugh?".
I explained I've been using kon-kon since I was a child and can't use any other sponge.
He said he never knew I was so razz deep under. Whatever!!!!

vi) Selective Mutism

I had selective mutism (It's an extreme form of shyness) as a child.
Unfortunately, it went unnoticed as I was a completely different person at home and around close friends and families.
I also had excellent grades so I don't blame my teachers and parents for not noticing (lol)
I had treatment in Canada but sadly, I was like 16 when I met Dr Lucy (my psychiatrist) and by then I was quite comfortable with it and learning to deal with it.
It's not uncommon for people to tag me as: 'snobbish'/'having an attitude problem'/'having a personality problem'/'having a personality disorder'/'stand-offish' etc but if you get to know
me proper, I'm just a shy snail who really wants to be friends with you but needs to be comfy with you first.
And yeah,
I was a geek, back in school.....


Vii) Warm Spaces

I hope I don't I sound like a freak but I can not stand warm spaces: warm beds, seats, etc.
I just can not bring myself to sit in a space that has just been vacated by someone else.
I don't like it when someone's bare skin touches mine (except hubby's of course) and my sister hated sharing the same room with me cos I would wake her up many times at night to 'move to her side'.
When I was in the UK, I always told my colleagues (school/work) upfront so they don't get offended when I don't sit when they offer me a seat or when I place a cushion on seats they just vacated.
And yes, I'm that annoying girl in the bus/tube who has an empty seat beside her and wont sit or move over so you can sit. (lol)
Crikey!! It's cos I'm waiting for the seat to cool.


What do you reckon, peeps?

Am I weird?


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can absolutely realte to your no 1 ..i am a reality tv addict too..i can relate well well to your no 2..i am a toilet neatness freak...i wrap my hands like that in public toilets too..use toilet roll to open the door and i have toilet roll in my purse all d time men!not gonna be touching no germs o..n i will start using the last sink too......

Copido said...

@ Pink Satin:
lol. So I'm not the only toilet freak.

A Kel called Wonder ...... said...

I like reality t.v too.... and ur the next person i've seen that watches supernanny. Wow but i like talk shows as well Oprah, Tyra..... (not jerry springer o).

Ejura said...

U're kinda wierd in some of the cases but I guess that's what makes you unique.
I can identify with you when it comes to toilets. I had a bad case of constipation last year cos I'd rather hold than let go in new places. I almost never use public toilets.
I love reality but I don't hate soaps either. So far they ain't mexican soaps, I enjoy them.
Naija movies, hmm, what can I say about that one but to God be the glory.

Unknown said...

U definetely are W E I R D!! LOL!!

So u r one of those who dump tissue on the floor in public toilets?!?! Thank God I never caught u in the act cos the kin eye wey I for give you eh..... LOL!!

Camera's are such lovely playthings. I'm saving for a DSLR soon. If you love camera's, it means you love playing with editing tools too. Which ones do u use?

princesa said...

Weirdo!Weirdo!!Weirdo!!!
No mind me jare babes, Nothing weird there but not sitting in a place just vacated,whats dat phobia called??
If i dont see u on my page in the next 5 mins, i go give you 'selective mutism' o!

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
princesa said...

Whats been hapopening to u Copido?? Update now! This is unlike u sha. And i havent seen u on my blog yet o!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

This is what we call KOLOMENTAL in 9ja.... LOL! For real sha, everyone has his or her unique oddities, that's what makes us different!

Unknown said...

Well, i just dropped by to let you know of a competition that is running at the africanloft.

www.africanloft.com

Pls, participate.



Ps: 600 words is just a page..

AIVY said...

i'm feeling you on no 7. i feel really irritated sitting on a seat someoner just vacated.