Saturday 14 April 2007

Easter Surprise

I've just returned from holiday in Egypt, an Easter Surprise Pressie from hubby!!!
It's so hard to believe Egypt is an African country.
It was my second visit to Egypt.
We went on a Nile Cruise, toured Sharm-el-Sheikh, climbed Mount Sinai(for me, part of Mount Sinai but hubby was more adventurous) and we visited the pyramids of Giza.....spooky pyramids.
Hubby and I had a camel ride, I was screaming all the way especially when the camel was getting up...coward!!!
Our pictures are hilarious.
We lodged in the beautiful city of Alexandria.
I must say the place was filled with Brits, yeah all they ever do is holiday.
I ran into a sour-puss from my last office, she kept staring rudely at me so I told hubby I was going to do something rude.
When I caught her staring at me again, I returned her stare with a look of disgust and I gave her an evil eye, that was the last I saw of her....hehehehe!
The tour guides were absolutely lovely and so encouraging, of course we spent loads of OUR HARD-EARNED money but we had fun and I think I lost some weight.
I must confess I had a swell time and it was a lovely time-off to de-stress, considering the intense heat in Lagos and of course, it was a good break from unsteady power supply. GOD help Nigeria!!!!!

Some guy was trying to make conversation with me by the poolside when hubby went to get us drinks.
Hubby returned and boasted: 'Don't you think my wife is beautiful'
Poor chap was like: Yeah!! She's an adorable package, very pretty face.
It turned out they both schooled and lived in Southampton for years....boring talks ensued.
Did you know...? Oh yeah.....and .......
But Egypt was fun and I just wanna thank hubby for such a wonderful present.

Back to Naija, my kitchen stinks as all my frozen food got spoilt. I had to dash out to do some food shopping so we don't starve to death. We've been using the generator since we got back home....phew!

And Egypt is an African country?
And Egypt doesn't claim to be the Giant of Africa!!!
Peeps, what do you reckon we have to do?
Methinks, we all should vote wisely.
I am voting Raji Fashola...the SAN with a sound mind!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe the girl from your last office wanted to say hello and didnt know how to approach you and you gave her a bad stare. LOL!!

Copido said...

@ Calabargal:
Dat gal was evil and she'll never repent

Aspiring nigerian woman said...

hi copido,

I really want to book a surprise birthday trip for my husband and I wondering if you can send me details of the hotel/resort you stayed. Even better, did you use an agent in the UK?