Friday 6 April 2007

Hubby's Birthday

April 4th 2007 was a beautiful day, my hubby turned 31....yeeeeeaaH!!!!!

Happy birthday, my love. I wish you many more years, yes oh.

Hubby and I slept early on his birthday eve so we could wake up at midnight to do a birthday prayer and did we pray!!!
I prayed fervently that GOD would remember my hubby in all the finest things of life and that we would never be ashamed or have any regrets re: our marriage..Amen.

It was an intense and long prayer and afterwards, I sprang up and presented hubby with a birthday card

I woke Birthday Boy up with a very wet kiss and we just cuddled up in bed for another 5minutes reminiscing .

I had decided I was going to do thirty one special things to make his day extra-special and memorable.

Me: So what are you wearing?
Hubby: I'm a big boy dear so I dont wear birthday clothes, maybe if you insist, I'll wear one of my new shirts
Me: Dear, you should be wearing all new stuff today
Hubby: Go away
Me: Lets go and open your gifts
Hubby smiles and follwos me to the dining room.
I had placed a huge box card and 5other cards of various sizes on the table along with various gift-wrapped parcels.
A big 'Happy Birthday Dear Husband' Halogen balloon is floating and touching the ceiling.
A Large Square cake decorated in Blue and Cream with some very private code message.....sorry peeps.
Hubby looks excited as he unwrapped the first parcel, it's a blue TM Lewin shirt and matching tie(bought from Twice as Nice, The Palms in Lekki)
Hubby: (kisses moi) Thanx love, I'll wear these today
Next parcel is a pair of socks and a set of men's handkerchief
Hubby: (laughing) Birthday clothes, yeah?
Next gift is an 18carat two-tone Italian gold necklace with matching handchain. (Grrrrh!!! I bought it on credit because I promised hubby one over 3years ago. I am going to get the money back from him, cunningly.....I'm a woman, ain't it??)
Hubby: Is it gold?
I pinched him playfully and nodded as he wouldn't know cos he's never ever owned one. He can't believe how much it costs to buy gold and he thinks it's a waste of money and completely ridiculous
Hubby: Sweetheart, how much is this? It looks really expensive....but I cant wear it today, maybe weekends
I shrugged quietly, calculating the scheme I would use to get my money back. Hubby spoils me all the time with pressies and money so I was very happy to see the smile on his face.(smiles)

Hubby: How many presents?
Me: You are getting 31 gifts today
Hubby: (Excited, almost bouncing on the dining chair. He looked like a child unwrapping his Xmas gifts, you lot shoulda seen his face,...cute, radiant. My husband is very easy to read. Very expressive....I wont start now, he's my baby-buuuuu buuuu) 31 gifts? It's not possible dear. You'll go bankrupt,,hahhahhaahhha
(He's laughing because he's just unwrapped a giant-faced Swatch wrist-watch I bought on impulse at the Palms(Wranglers, methinks).
He reaches for me and smack....I got a wet, slurpy kiss. My hubby's oozing out so much excitement that I'm also quite excited and I'm smiling like an idiot...not that I'm one.
Hubby: Babes, do you think I'm going to work today?
Me: You have to
Hubby: Are there pressies at work too?
Me: Come on!
Hubby: I'm so sure you have planned a surprise party. I am so very sure The party would be my 31st Surprise. I'll still be surprised hon. I promise I wont ruin it
Me: You better pack some casuals then
Hubby: Babes, you are too much!!!! Another kiss, mwah, mwah, mwah
Hubby reaches for last gift, it's an 'Issey Miyake' perfume and aftershave set. I bought it in December @ Harrods (Heathrow Airport Duty Free Shop). Hubby pullsme up and we have a long one
Hubby: You are a wonderful wife. I know I will never regret marrying you
Me: Same here hon xxxxxxxxx..........

Hubby finally leaves for work at 7am. He looks so handsome. He's glowing like....I'm short of words, can someone help me?
From 800am till 500pm, I sent one text message per hour.
Text At 800am: What I Love About you
(peeps, you gotta mind your own here cos I'm not sharing)
Text At 900am: How Can I love you when.......
Text At 1000am: 7 Love Confessions
Text At 1100am: Why I Love You & I sent my driver to hubby's secretary with some Birthday Goodies for his Colleagues(hubby didn't like this one)
Text At 12noon: 7 Things I'm Gonna Do with you
Text At 100pm: 7 What Ifs.....
Text At 200pm: 7 Promises I Make to you
Text At 300pm: What I think about you
Text At 400pm: A Prayer for you
Text At 500pm: Tonight, I promise you the time of your life and my 31st gift. You must leave work now babes

As I am technically jobless, ok I'm setting up my business, I have all the time in the world to do as I please.
Well, I was sitting in my hubby's Jeep by half four, patiently waiting for him at the back seat. I had packed him an overnight bag with fresh clothes, underwear and toiletries for the next day, my last gift was Dinner & Overnight Lodging @ L'Escale Hotel & Restaurant at the very same.....very nice......
Hubby finally approached his car at 5:15pm......Grrrhhh.
But thank goodness he was alone. He was on the phone talking quite loudly and taking his time.
I quickly switched off the ignition and pursed my spare key.
He finally opened the car door and flung his jacket across the driver seat.
I'm squatting behind the driver's seat holding my breath as he settles into his seat and then my phone started ringing very loudly.
Me(stiffened and held my breath): Oh blast!!!!
Hubby: Ha? Ha?
Hubby got out of his seat to look for the offending phone and finds his plump wife panting and smiling foolishly....
Me: (weakly) Surprise!!!!!!
Hubby: (laughing, he's such a good sport!!) Babes, you better come out of there before you kill yourself. Shebi u said I should hurry home for surprise number 31. We have to audit these surprises to make sure it's complete oh
Hubby helped me outta the car and I told him we were parrying @ L'Escale.He had never heard of it but we sure enjoyed the night and hubby has it all written somewhere to tell our children and grandchildren....how cute!!!

So peeps, do you reckon I did a good job? I sure believe hubby will never forget and if he ever finds out about this blog, I'LL BE IN BIG TROUBLE!!!!
Why? He'll know it's moi.


PS( To Hubby OAO) : If u EVER read this blog or find out about it, I know you'll know it's me. Please remember this day and know I love you with all my heart

3 comments:

princesa said...

Aaawww! So So sweet! Which husband wont be bowled by all dis! As i was reading i was wishing say i be ur hubby sef!
Great work girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby - belated though and wishing you both many more happy years ahead of marital bliss.

Copido said...

Thank you, thank you,