Monday 4 June 2007

Bachelor's Eve

Now, hubby's childhood friend is getting hitched 16th June.
The groom-to-be has been living abroad for three years and just returned to Naija for his wedding.
You should hear him talk, you know what it's like when you try to force an accent?
He talks really funny but this post is not about him. (lol)
It's about my hubby, a ****married man**** who has been made one of the co-ordinators of the bachelor's eve.
Now, hubby being an event co-ordinator's not a problem at all, he likes partying.
The issue is, hubby's asked for permission to party away next Friday.
And my answer? - NO!!! We either go together or stay at home.
What's a married man even supposed to be doing @ a 'BACHELORS' party.
What do you reckon peeps?
Should married men attend bachelors' eve parties?
Hubby says, many of those that attended his own BE were married friends & that the purpose of the party is for married and unmarried friends to send off the groom-to-be.
I reckon there shouldn't be married men @ BEs because they have been sent off and have no business sending another bachelor off.
What do you reckon?

8 comments:

? said...

The other day your were crying over those shoes, and now this? You ehn, are just so sweet and loveable. Now, tell me something. In Nigeria do you have hen nights/parties (ladies only events)? If yes, does hubby tag along with you? I hope you can see where I'm coming from. You are just sooo special - wanting hubby all to yourself. Have a great day.

btw: I love your humor and would agree with you that Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his bachelor's degree. :) lol

And I believe hubby shouldn't attend the batchelors against your will.

But this life isn't fair - hubby can't attend batchelors without wifey. But wifey can attend hen night without hubby because hen night is strictly a ladies thing.

Or what do you reckon?

Anonymous said...

Well, i kinda see where u're coming from, but loads of married men attend BEs (some with their wives). Got no probs with it, as long as the married men refrain from the rather hectic stuff that go on in BEs (u get me).
Wouldn't you attend a bridal shower as a married woman? I think you should attend the BE with your hubby and tell us how it goes. I'm sure it'l be fun!
Great blog u've got here!

Unknown said...

Go eith him jo. Afterall, there will be ladies there at the Bachelors Eve so why cant you attend too? Its not exactly a male only 'stag night' is it? Abeg dont let him wrangle out of this one and attend alone. LOL!!

princesa said...

Do i hear some possessiveness here?? Ha! ha! ha! abeg carry go, u have the right to be, e no easy o! Go with him if he must go. thats my own

Copido said...

@ Pseudo-Independent:
Can someone tell this bloke he's nutty??!!! Well, I had a bridal shower and we were all unmarried ladies, except for a married aunty that gave a few words of advice towards the end.
Pseudo, u won't have wanted 2 be there oh, but BEs are not complete without us babes.....

Copido said...

@ Nneka:
Thanks babes. I'm gonna stick to his side like super glue (lol)

@Calabargal:
Thanks babes. i knew u'ld support my just cause!

@Princess:
Hubby's my possession and I'm his, so I've got to hold on tight...

Mrs Somebody said...

Follow him jare! tag along! Afterall you are still brand new.What would anyone say to a 'tokunbo'(second hand) vehicle like me? Mr Somebody would always tell me to stay home and look the kids.So better follow him before you drop engine.

Copido said...

@ Mrs Somebody:
ROTFLMAO!
Thanx...