Tuesday 19 June 2007

Tearful Wedding: Jerry Springer Style

Peeps, it was chAOS! CHAos!! AND ChaoS !!! at the wedding!
It all started after church.
We were gathered outside for photographs with the couple.
When it was the Bride's parents' turn, an elderly man dressed in white lace joined the couple.
Bestman called: Bride's mother!!! Bride's mother please!!!!
A lady appeared, the bride's mum.
She was with another man who wore the same lace with her.
I heard her say to the bestman in an unpleasant voice: Tell that man to leave.
The bestman looked confused as he spoke quietly with the old man, who stood adamantly beside the bride.

Next thing, the bride's mum marched aggressively towards the man in white lace, grabbed his agbada and started pushing him and yelling: What are you doing here? What are you looking for?
Man: What won't I be doing here? I am the bride's father? Leave me alone, jo.

Brides's Mum: (pushing the man) Which bride's father? Where have you been for the last twenty years? How much have you given her since you sent us parking in 1987? Do you know how she has been feeding? What she has been wearing or how she went to school? This is my day of glory and I would not share it with you!!! Oloshi! Oloriburuku (Ill fated person)! Were (Lunatic)! Ko ni daa fun eh (Curse for bad luck)! O ni kuuure (Curse for terrible death/calamity)

Bride's Dad: (Pushing back) Ashewo! Ashewo! (Prostitute!) Alainiteju! (Shameless person!) You are shouting now. Was it not because I caught you sleeping with that fool (points at the other man) that I sent you packing?
People physically and forcefully separated the warring parents but could not hush them.

Bride's Mum: Get out of here! Did you pay a kobo for this ceremony? Pauper! I will show you today.
Next thing, in super fast forward mode, she throws off her headgear and her wrapper and shoes followed amidst pleas from the guests.
Somehow, she wriggled thru the crowd and grabbed the bride's father.
They both landed on the wet floor, struggling, slapping, hitting, biting....just fighting, damn!.
The bride's mum ripped her struggling ex husband's agbada and soiled her heavy lace but she was beyond caring.

Her new husband tried to pull his wife off: Otito! Maa bo! (That's enough, come with me!) and before anyone could say Jack Robinson, the two hubby's were exchanging words and then blows.
I didn't see how that started because I was watching the bride.
She was crying and begging them to stop and I was crying with her cos I'm very emotional (thank u) & I thought noone deserves this.
The tears ran over her makeup and dotted her white dress with brown stains.
She threw off her veil and her bouquet and tried to grab her mum.

Bride: Mummy! Mummy! Today is my day of joy! Please stop it! It's just a picture, now! Mummy please!!!

The groom's family stood at a distance, looking disgusted/embarrassed???? at least that's what I saw.
I thought the groom should have been consoling his bride but I guess he was shocked like everybody.
The groom's mother also tried to separate the pair: 'Mama Iyawo, it's me now. Look at me. Please now. Please now' and when that didn't work she asked: 'She ka ma lo ni' meaning "Should we leave?"
Guests: "You people stop this at least for your child's sake!" "HAba respect yourselves now" "It's her day of joy why are you ruining it." "What kind of thing is this?" "Ahhhh, this is the devil oh." "It's the devil!!"
Eventually, they tore the three of them apart.

Bride's Mum: I came prepared for you, don't let me see you at the reception because this is only Part 1. *Curses* *Expletives*
Bride's Dad: *Curses* Expletives*

Of course by now, their heavy laces were soiled, the bride was inconsolable and the wedding mood had been ruined.
The crowd urged the bride's father to pray for his daughter and leave, so he won't be responsible for ruining this day.
He insisted he could not let that worthless man sit in his place as his daughter's father except he's dead.
He eventually agreed to pray for his daughter and leave but the bride didn't want to see anyone. The man prostrated on the floor in his white lace and begged his daughter for forgiveness.
She finally opened the car door and let him pray for her and then he left with slumped shoulders, in his now soiled and ragged lace.

And I pitied him and I cried for him too.
Hubby found me crying and said: I knew my wife would be crying, come with me...

The bride's mother reappeared with her husband in another lace attire, obviously she came prepared for battle as she was still cursing and threatening fire if her ex-hubby shows up @ reception and she did not look one bit remorseful....
Although the bride and groom took pictures, the mood had been ruined as the bride kept crying and the groom kept frowning...they just couldn't smile
As we left for reception, I couldn't help wondering what type of woman would ruin a day like this and not be sorry.
Most brides look forward to their weddings and it's supposedly a once in a lifetime affair and nobody has the right to ruin it, no matter what.
Or what do u reckon peeps?


Naija...so much drama.....



BTW, I'm thru with Dude, the ignoramus!






12 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG!! I wouldnt wish this kind of 'show' on any bride. Its absolutely horrific. Only God knows what kind of eye her inlaws will be using to look at her now for something that was exactly through no fault of hers.

I pray they live happily ever after and put this kind of happening behind them.

Anonymous said...

Now, I'm just wondering why someone would want to have that kinda woman as a mother-in-law.
Is this how she'd planned to share her day of glory...by fighting and making a fool of herself and ruining the wedding day for her daughter?...I hope her daughter should never have anything to do with her!

Anonymous said...

KAI...this is a disaster.tres tres pauvre.kai.

? said...

Iyawo, thanks for stopping. I received via email your comment re"": Shonekan. Thank you! But I am still of the opinion that Yaradua is our first elected degree educated leader/president to proceed Tafawa Balewa. Chief Shonekan (bless him) was appointed and not elected. He was simply the chairman of an interim/transitional government set up by a military regime. Dont get me wrong he was known to my late dad. He was a fine gentleman with a lot of merit and I respect him for that. Nonetheless, I miss copido a lot, especially her wittiness.

Take care and God bless.

ps: how are you? and do you visit Abuja at all? By the way who is the dude giving you the creeps? Please take kia o!

princesa said...

My God! Copido tell me this gist didnt happen, that you just formulated the whole thing. Kai! i feel for the poor bride.Some mothers can be the limit. She couldnt control her self or what?I just pray her inlaws understand but you know how this things are, they will probably be wondering the kind of family they married into.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Too bad...... Na wah... I am sentimental as well and I can only say this post made me sad, like I was present when it happened... What a day!

Mrs Somebody said...

HEY!!! that's so unfair!! How could a mother do that on her daughter's wedding day.After all the man said he caught her with someone else. poor girl I feel so bad already.
By the way,was this the 'posh' ikoyi wedding you talked about?

Aijay said...

OMG, i'm speechless...All that drama. I don't know what to say. How could they ruin their own child's wedding? That was just plain inconsiderate. It was her wedding day for heaven's sake. I feel for the bride, she must have been so hurt & even disappointed beyond belief.

Copido said...

@ Calabar gal:
I wish them well too but what a first impression!

@ Nigeria Politricks:
If only we could choose/change our mums. My mum's really fiery too, she spits fire but I guess she's calmed down with age.

@ Anonymous:
C'est tres pathetique!!

@ Pseudo Independent:
I'm faring well, thanx. Come to think of it, I'm not an Abuja person....that dude(hiss)...history

@ Princess: It's the honest truth. I was there and I cried my eyes sore

Copido said...

@ Nyemoni:
Wipe ur tears babe, i'm sorry i made u cry

@ Mrs Somebody:
Yeah! It was the posh wedding. D reception was really lavish but following d church incident, 'it just didn't werk for me'

@ Aijay:
I kept watching the bride throughout reception....i don't think she quite recovered from her folk's show of shame. D woman had fun though, dancing and spraying etc.

Manda said...

Crazi and pathetic! I feel for the newly wed!

Copido said...

@ Manda:

Yeah! very pathetic parents.
Thanx for dropping by