Saturday 2 June 2007

Result of My Test

Well, I was all smiles as I walked into the clinic.
The lady at reception welcomed me with a bright smile and said she had seen the result of my test.
She asked me to take a seat while she got my file out.
Well, she handed me the file and said: That's the result. Do you want to take it or should we keep it?
I stared at the sheet of paper angrily.
Yeah, Pregnancy Test = NEGATIVE.
I was sooo sure I was preggers and I wanted it to be a weekend treat for my hubby.
Without knowing it, I was crying.
The lady led me quietly into a ward and tried to pacify me but I was inconsolable as I wept my heart out because I am getting worried!!!!
She went to get the doctor who asked if I was under any pressure to get pregnant. I said No. Doctor: How long have you been married
Me: About 5months
Doctor: Are you anxious about anything?
Me: No
Doctor: You have to relax. Anxiety tends to cause infertility issues. Are you on any medication?
Me: Folic Acid
Doctor: Do you ovulate?
Me: I guess so cos I menstruate every frigging month

I cried till my eyes were red and sore but the doctor finally pacified me and asked if hubby and I wanted to book an appointment to get tested. I said I didn't know and I'll discuss it with my hubby first. I was in that ward for an hour or so before I got my calm and left.
I got into the car and the song playing on the radio was: Brandy's 'Have You Ever'.
I had to stop the car and park close to a curve where I wept again.
Sometimes you want something so bad & it hurts when it just doesn't happen pronto.
As you can imagine, I am very angry and disappointed and I am chilling some red wine right now cos I'm just gonna get drunk.

8 comments:

Admin UD said...

Oh dear, i cant say i dont understand how you feel, at least remotely. Its all good. I dont believe there's any cause for alarm...yet!

% months is such a small and long time depending on ya expectation.. All i can say is keep doing your thing, believing God to meet ya needs accordingly.

Do have a lovely weekend!

Cheers!

Mrs Somebody said...

My dear copido, just relax.Babies will definately come.This is the time to enjoy your husband's company to the max before the babies roll in.Stop crying.Please.It is well with you.

Copido said...

@ Ugo Daniels:
Thanx a bunch for the encouragement.

@Mrs Somebody: I've wiped my tears. I feel much better now and yeah! I'm just gonna enjoy my hubby till babies start rolling in...

Unknown said...

Dont feel so bad. I can just picture that nurse and the number of tears she has to wipe every day she's on duty from ladies like us. It will come eventually - So I too have been told several times. So just relax and enjoy your freedom before the babies land and you'll be constrained cos you'll be putting their welfare first above yours. (smile)

? said...

you should keep trying and its not something you should even think about. I am only saying this because when you want something so badly, you just may never have it. Lets take the example of Nigeria and those who have always aspired to the presidency e.e. Abiola, Buhari, Atiku etc. They never get there. But when you keep in the right path and with Gods blessings I think anything can be achieved. I am also a believer of destiny. So I think you should see it as a blessing. Its not the right time!

btw: going by general consensus, i think ill be staying in blogsville for much longer although ill be heading to naija in a week. Its so hard to keep away from those you love. I love all you guys. God bless.

Copido said...

@ calabargal: Thanx babes. Don't mind me. I think it's the boredom & loneliness that's driving me nuts.

@ Pseudo Independent: Yippee!!! Thanxs for staying, love yah! Now about me wanting something badly...I warn you, pls don't come and jinx me oh. I may be a cry babe but I also bite well. Latest thing in Naija: No fuel & as usual, no light. I reckon you'll be lodging in Sheraton anyway & it won't matter (lol)

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

I don't think there's any cause for alarm... just try to take things easy and don't dwell on it... It will come... and na you go tire! :-)God bless..

princesa said...

I already commented about this on ur previous post. I can only say, dont worry , It is well with you in Jesus name, Amen!