Thursday 7 June 2007

My First Sweet Revenge

It was my first year in senior class.
I was dressed in my brand new uniform and I had been chosen to welcome the new juniors to school.
I answered questions from concerned parents politely and showed the new students the way to the dormitories.
The day was drawing to an end when I felt someone staring at me.
I turned and lo and behold, it was the ugly face of Ms Ukoh, now older and looking wretched. She was wearing her trademark ugly smile, baring those hideous fangs and beckoning at me to come. I stared hard at her without moving.

Ms Ukoh: Pssssss! Pssssss! Come! You! You! Call that senior for me.
I stayed rooted to my appointment post thinking: What's wrong with saying, 'Excuse me!' to catch somebody's attention? Why hiss like a snake?
It wasn’t long before Ms Ukoh pushed me in the process of tapping me
Ms Ukoh: I have been calling you and you are not answering
Me: (boldly and loudly) What?!! What do you want from me?!!
Ms Ukoh: (grabs a little girl, a splitting image of her ugly self and she smiled): This is my daughter, she's a new student and I want you to take care of her like your sister, ehn. I want you to be her school mother.
Me: (First I hissed, then I laughed and slapped my hands together Naija style) Nonsense! In your dreams! Have you forgotten what you did to me in school? You might have forgotten oh but it is still fresh in my memory. You witch! You are still as ugly as ever. As for your daughter, come and force me to be her schoolmother. Schoolmother ko, schoolmother ni. *Hiss*
(I turned to the daughter who was smiling expectantly): You better scram from my front before I send you flying.


That said, I walked away from them, shoving her daughter outta my way.
Phew! And it felt so good, you see, in them days, it was an eye for an eye.
I walked over to some of my classmates and gave them the lowdown on the evil teacher.
They asked: Where is she?! Where is the daughter?
I pointed them out
Friends: We are going to deal with her.
And did they deal with her!
The stupid girl actually sought me out one Friday afternoon to report some seniors that were always punishing her to me.
I asked her if it was my business and she answered: My mummy said u should take care of me ooh, I will tell my mummy that u are not taking care of me.
Me: What you should tell your mummy is that she should stop being wicked to people. Kneel down there! Shirts anyone?
I got 18shirts for her to wash and return dried and ironed before the next day.
Everytime I saw her, she was always in trouble and even when I could plead on her behalf, I turned a blind eye.
My friends and I made sure she had the worst morning duties ever and nobody liked her, nobody even wanted her as a school-daughter.

Everytime I saw her, I made sure there was a reason to punish her or send her on a long errand, and I didn't have to look hard cos she was so dirty!
One visiting Sunday, Ms Ukoh was in the hostels to confront some seniors that were 'victimising' her daughter and did they give it to her! She left looking frustrated and talking to herself.
I was so excited as her sins were obviously being visited on her daughter.
I left the school at the end of the year and Ms Ukoh never had the gall to confront me, even though I showed her daughter hell!

Endnote: Life is not fair, vengeance is the Lord's.
I felt guilty reading through this post but I was young and like I said, it was the days of : An Eye For An Eye!!



2 comments:

princesa said...

Babe! What do u do?? Post every minute??? How does one keep up with these ur posts??? Anyway, no mind me sha, i still love them. Keep em' coming.
OK so u had ur pound of flesh from Mrs Ukoh but i sure would have loved it if it was her u dealt with directly not the poor girl who had the misfortune of being her daughter.

Copido said...

@ Princess:
Darling, I don't post every minute (lol). Yeah, I reckon it wasnt fair taking it out on d daughter....