Sunday 24 June 2007

Staying Healthy

Peeps, I am sorry if the last post upset any of you.
It just shows how careless some so-called professionals can be.
BTW, how could I have forgotten...
While at the hospital, hubby suggested I should do a medical check too.
So I checked my BP: 120/80......Good!
My Weight: 86kg/189.6lb
BMI: 33.6, which implies 1st Class obesity!!!!
My ideal weight should be 141lb, 64kg!
I am carrying 22kg extra weight, darn!!!!
I am totally ashamed of myself, I was 75kg last November in the UK and my doctor warned me that I was very overweight!
I have since gained an extra 11kg in less than a year....oh damn!
Hubby's BMI is 27.4 also overweight but not obese.
I am awaiting the result of my cholesterol and blood sugar test.
Hubby and I are working together by exercising more and improving our diets.
Our immediate actions are:


No more red meat (especially suya....)
No more pastries/ice-cream
No more fried food
No alcohol
Very light breakfast. So far: oats, custard and cereal
No more sandwich toast
Pop up toasts allowed once a week, with no butter!
Solid food allowed thrice a week only: - poundo, eba, amala etc
Small portion lunch
Very light dinner, no more solid food @ night
At least 30mins/1hour exercise daily. So far: 1hr stroll on Thursday, 21minutes fast walking(uphill and downhill) on Friday and 15minutes on the cross trainer yesterday.

We are drawing up a food timetable, any suggestion(s) would be helpful.
Hubby's not liking this at all but he's been a good sport.
I have minimised salt, spices and cooking oil to the barest minimum
My food ain't that sweet anymore uuggghhh.


Check up

11am Friday, hubby's BP after taking medication: 130/90
7pm Friday, hubby's BP before medication: 160/100
We are seeing the doctor again today @ 2pm.
I am positive his BP would be back to normal again,
I love my hubby and I am sure he's gonna be okay.
Thank GOD for this NLC strike, it really helped hubby and me.....



3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was some scare. Thank God you guys went to see the doctor when you did. Hope you are successful shedding some excess fat. The problem with our food is that its full of carbs. *Sigh* Thank God you are enlightened and know what to leave out. A man who has lived in the villages all hgis life will tell u he cant do with out eba or pondo that u might as well kill him or put a knife to his throat by denying him of those things. LOL!.

princesa said...

Babe, on some diet, red meat and fried foods are good if u want to lose weight. Its d carbs u should run away from.
The NLC strke(By force rest) was good for Nigerians.

Copido said...

@ Calabargal:
Health is wealth but exercising is so harrrrrd!

@ Princess:
Babes, it's hard to knock off any food but we're doing it gradually