Tuesday 12 June 2007

Hubby's Been Fined


One of the rules we have in our home is: No serving of alcohol to guests.
Some of hubby’s friends dropped by today and hubby served Baileys.
I had gone to wash my hair at the hairdressers and I decided to blow-dry instead of sitting under the steaming drier so I was back home sooner than expected.
I caught them by surprise as I decided to use the kitchen entrance.
My displeasure was clearly registered on my face as I said: Hello!
Hubby got up with his glass and said: Babes, I told them it was against the house rules but they insisted on breaking the rule.
Me: (firmly) Peeps! I am sorry, we don't serve alcohol in this house.

Silence.

I took the bottle of Baileys and dropped it in the kitchen.
Our bestman, was one of the culprits and he had followed me to the kitchen.
Bestman: I apologise on behalf of everybody, please, we are sorry. Your husband offered us the drink as take-away but guys just wanted to be nutty. Please, I can see you are steaming but it's our fault.
Me: Thank you, please empty your glass into the sink.
I was surprised that he complied and told the others too to stop drinking.
I locked myself in the bedroom till they left quietly not long after.

Hubby washed the glasses and joined me in the room afterwards.
He said he had told them it was against the rules and they said what rules?
They teased him and said his wife was controlling him.
He offered them the drink as 'take-away' but they won't have it, they wanted to break the rule.
I wasn't at home so he agreed they could have a quick drink.

He’s been fined!
He’s to get a cake with : Honey, I’m sorry I broke the rules & served Alcohol.
He’s been begging me to consider some other punishment as it would be too embarrassing to order a cake with those words and even worse, he can’t send anyone cos it’ll make him a laughing stock.
But I’m not bending.
I hope the humiliation would serve as a deterrent against serving booze in our home in future.

Update:

Hubby’s been to the cake shop and he was told to reduce the words.
He said the shop assistants are having a laugh and thanked me for embarrassing him.
I told him to tell them to bake a cake that would accommodate the words, then I changed my mind and said: 'Honey, I'm Sorry I Served Booze' would be fine.
Do u reckon I should bake a reply-cake…..with words….Apology Accepted?!!
Nah, no reply cake, cos I'm gonna be eating the cake alone anyways.
I'll take a picture........maybe I'll post it so u'll see........

14 comments:

princesa said...

lol, u dis babe, u funny well well o! Am sure ur hubby wont be letting any one drink again in ur house. Sometimes punishments like dis could be more effective than quarelling. Good one !

Anonymous said...

You are not right in the head. This man will leave you one day mark my words.

Dolly said...

lol@ He’s to get a cake with : Honey, I’m sorry I broke the rules & served Alcohol.

Nice post

Copido said...

@ Princess:
I'm hoping nobody would drink here again and I'm praying I don't break one of the rules cos hubby's waiting to revenge

@ Anonymous:
What's it with you? I'll keep this blog for the next 50- 60 years just so u can chew ur words. U r just a silly shrew!

@ Dolly:
Thanx 4 dropping by

Anonymous said...

i think you take the piss with your husband you know.i dey sorry for you.like anon said i partly agree,he might not leave you oh..but believe me,so many women out there will let him serve burukutu in their house sef.
better be careful,words enuff for the wise.

readyornot said...

ok for real, are you guys kidding me.....all these anon's, why are you drinking the man's panadol,.....see wahala o, ah ah, you go and be serving akpeteshi and sam adams as breakfast, lunch and dinner in your husband's house and also use it as formula for your children you hear....!!!
you see a loving couple that are doing their best to make it work and you're hating!!!...i am truly baffled.....
meanwhile, copido(thats funny by the way), i love ur blog...i feel like u are talking about me (except with the uber-sexy hubby)..you sound exactly like me and its a lil eerie......
i live in yankee and your blog mae me miss home sooooooo much...chai...let me go and make goat meat pepper soup at least let my house smell like naija and who knows it may just attract a yummy naija man that i can be massaging too :-)

Copido said...

@ Anonymous:
I am not any woman and I'm happy being me....your negativity sucks gal!

Copido said...

@ readyornot:
Thanx a bunch babes, don't mind the silly anons. U r crazy babe re: feeding it as a formula for their children(lmao). I'm off to urs now!

Anonymous said...

Just wondering . . . why the serving no alcohol rule and given the rule, why do you keep alcohol in the house?

Copido said...

@ Anonymous:
Thanx for dropping by (again?).

I'll be very honest.

D reason we have alcohol @ home is because hubby and I indulge in an 'occasional' drink. Hubby used to drink and smoke excessively some 6/7years ago and although he's stopped, he still has friends that (over-)indulge in same.

The reason we agreed to rule out serving drinks at home is because we once attended a friend's child's christening party together where loads of booze was served and a couple of guys got drunk, so drunk that one of the guys puked into their kitchen sink.
It was gruesome!!!
Infact, I left hubby at the party in annoyance and we actually broke up(for 5days).
We agreed after we made up that alcohol would never be served in our home!!!!

When we decided to get married, our marriage counselor advised us to establish visions and goals for our marriage, home and children and we basically set aside guidelines and objectives to help achieve them & I sure remembered that incident!

BTW, my dad drank a lot too, he got home drunk one day and walked into his dressing room one where he peeed into his wardrobe, thinking it was the loo. He made us clean it off all his shoes the next day and said he was sure it was one of us that did it. (Disgusting)

Sorry it's so long..

Unknown said...

SO u ate all thatcake alone?!?!!? There couldhave been better punishment now? Its a lovely cake though. (smile) Hope it was delicious. LOL!!

Copido said...

@ Calabargal:
D cake was too delicious and I gave some to my neighbours and some vsitors but I scraped off the wordings

AIVY said...

are u serious??? u are too funny mehn...

aloted said...

LOL..this is funny...been reading ur entries and u r just a wonder...Love ur blog!!! and the punishment...

Good to know u and ur hubby estalished rules and boundaries...people might not understand so just ignore the haters...

I am having a laff!