Sunday 3 June 2007

For The Love of Money

Has anyone read about a 4year old Nigerian child that was beheaded for money-making by ritualists. Here's a link from Nigeria Politricks' blog : Nigeria Politricks

How callous!
These Nigerian Herbalists are so ignorant.
In my family, we reckon that the White Man's witchcraft produced world class technology: Cars, Phones, Aeroplanes, Computers, Televisions, Cameras, Refrigerators etc but in Africa or maybe in Nigeria, people would actually kill fellow human beings, children to get rich instead of learning about the power to create wealth.
This story touched me.
How can anybody decide to end a child's life based on the promise of a herbalist?
Who are these herbalists that even promise wealth?
I mean what do they have?
If you have the power to create wealth, won't you make yourself a millionaire first?
I hope these people rot in jail, a death sentence would be too lenient.
I hope they spend the rest of their lives in gross pain and torment and praying to die.
My heart goes out to the parents of this child.
One minute she's there and the next minute, she's gone, just like that!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope the culprits of this dreadful act are caught and made to face the consequences of their actions.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

God save us!! I hope that justice will be served in this case...

Anonymous said...

Glad you picked up on this sad story...it is bone chillin'. My prayers are forever with the family of this poor innocent child!

? said...

"...These Nigerian Herbalists are so ignorant..."

Is that what you reckon? Actually I think it’s those who patronize herbalists that may be ignorant. The mind is a very powerful thing in terms of faith and if you believe in something it will be so. In a country where the leaders believe in the occult/juju what should we expect? The other day I read about Atiku and Obasanjo trading blame over the use of juju. Me, I simply do not believe in these things.

Hence I think the problem is with the law and is what I was questioning here!

As long as our leaders believe in it we will not go far.

Great post.

Be strong!

God bless.

princesa said...

Very sad. Am thinking about that poor child and how the idiots wasted the young life. I am happy though cos i know she is in a better place but the wicked men will suffer in this life and the next.