Tuesday 26 June 2007

I'm A Wonderful Wife

I made oats porridge for hubby yesterday morning before he left for work.
He called me in the afternoon because he wasn't too sure about what to have for lunch.
I suggested fish and salad.
Hubby: You better be serious, babes. Right now, I'm thinking yam porridge or amala.
Me: Maybe amala with ewedu and fish, please mind the salt
Hubby: Amala is solid
Me: So is yam porridge but amala is lighter
Hubby: Okay

I sent Mr P out to buy fuel for the car and the generators, he was gone all day so I was stuck at home.
I made fish sauce with chopped fresh peppers and onions.
I added one knorr cube and salt for taste and put about two teaspoons of garlic powder....and honestly, it tasted all right, no curry, thyme, tumeric or puree
I called hubby @ six to ask if he wanted macaroni or spaghetti for dinner.
Hubby laughed and said he'ld call me back to let me know.

He called @ about 800pm, he was @ the clinic and his BP was 140/90, it had gone up a bit and the doctor was suggesting his high BP might have been caused by work-related stress.
Hubby: Babes, I'm really starving...do you still have vegetable soup in the freezer?
Me: Yep! But I've made fish sauce for pasta
Hubby: Babes, me I can't eat pasta, I need something solid, like eba. I'm very hungry!
Me: Pasta will do, babes.

Hubby did not eat pasta.
He ate eba with vegetable soup and my fish sauce, I had Golden Morn cereal.
I've told hubby I might have to start locking my store and freezers to enforce our new timetable.
Isn't it hilarious...we agreed on solid food thrice a week and he's had solids twice in one day and it's only Tuesday.
After his eba, hubby was too tired to do any exercise and I barely managed 7minutes on the cross trainer.....*Sigh*
I didn't hear the alarm so I couldn't make him breakfast but he had cereal and fish sauce and left the plates on my dining table.
I really need to start locking my kitchen...

BTW, last night in bed, after_____, hubby said: Babes, you are a wonderful wife.
Me(Kiss): You're a wonderful hubby too
Hubby: I mean it
I smiled.
Hubby: You know, when I decided to marry you, it was because I loved everything about you. I never knew that you could be so caring...You really stood by me during my brief illness and you kept it between us, you didn't blab to anyone. Babes, I'm honoured and I love you even more now
Me: (Smiling sheepishly, ooops, I told my blog) Would you do the same for me?
Hubby: I swear, I'll do even more. Thanx babes.
Me: Will you say it on a cake.
Hubby: No cakes, remember we're dieting

After hubby had slept off, I remembered how I had stayed beside him all day, not eating or drinking because I was fasting and how I stroked his back when the IV shots were administered slowly and how I jumped for joy each time the BP reading went lower and I smiled.....
Yeaman! Me is a very good wifee and I've been blessed with a wonderful hubby.....

Dinner is boiled plantain with vegetables....(lol) and I'm gonna ensure hubby eats ti.
I'm off to buy some fruits: pineapple and watermelon
L8r

12 comments:

Admin UD said...

Aaaargh, all these talk about food, naija food is making me drool so much, i'm even hungry myself, eh!

Glad to see you both are doing fine. Kudos!

Ubong Da said...

hmm I have a strong feeling you folks haven't been married for more than 2 years?

Unknown said...

You both I hope you stick to ur diet successfully. Your husband right now is sounding like one of those men who cant go a day without 'solid' food. LOL!!

Mrs Somebody said...

Good wifey will definately make a good mummy! how lurvely! Please continue to ensure that hubby abides by the diet rules.Well done copido!!!

Manda said...

Nice one, and i'm sooo hungry now! Glad to know he's getting beta! just keep feeding him vegetables, very soon u guys will turn to vegetarions! how nice.(joking). I'm glad u're a happy couple!

princesa said...

Definitely a good wifey. But u know what, A good husband makes a good wife.
Even if you have to be hard sometimes, insist he follows the diet o! If not very soon he will start asking for poundo 3 times a day(lol).U know men na.

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

wao, first time on ur blog!!!! fabulous!!! i went to read all ur old posts too. the tearful wedding: jerry springer style was crazy, i was at a wedding like that, maybe it was d same one. now see u and ur hubby make me just want to get married tomorrow. lol

Copido said...

@ Ugo Daniels:
Please move ur keyboard so u don't drool all over it (lol)

@ Ubong Da:
Yesterday was our 5th Month Marriage Anniversary

@ Calabar Gal:
Don't mind hubby, he said it's his medication that's making him hungry

@ Mrs Sumbody:
Thanx a bunch. I'll monitor hubby closely

@ Manda:
I reckon going vegetarian sounds good...

Copido said...

@ Princess:
Poundo 3times a day? (lol) i'm trying my best to make him stick to the new food timetable though....it's hard even for me.

@ 36 Inches of Brown Legs:
Wow! Nice Blog name. Pls don't marry just anyone, make sure u really connect! I'm glad u enjoyed my posts. Off to yours. D wedding held 16th June @ Ikoyi, Lagos. Same one with yours?

Dolly said...

Make sure hubby abides by the diet rules

great post

Aijay said...

Awww..... I also want to be a good wife. Hmm.. someday.

Copido said...

@ Dolly:
I'll try my best babes

@ Aijay:
(Singing Jennifer Hudson-like)
Soooooooooooomedaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!
Soooooooooooooooooooomeday!!!