Wednesday 16 May 2007

Is She Your Wife???!!!!

I met hubby for lunch last Thursday/Friday.
I wore a black and white top with a big white, stud belt and straight black pants.
While hubby was walking me to my car on Sanusi Fafunwa, a small, dark blue, air-conditioned First Inland Bank car drove past on the right lane.
There were two ladies in front.
The lady driving made eye contact with my hubby and yelled: 'Is she your wife???!!!!! Is she your wife??!!!'
Hubby and I were holding hands and I was slightly leaning on him.
Well babes, I am his wife and I have a laminated copy of my marriage certificate if you need proof.
Although you embarrassed my hubby(sort of), I applaud your courage.
Hubby said: 'Babes, if I was holding hands with someone else, I would have been consumed by guilt and I would have believed that girl was your friend and she caught me in the act. I am telling you, if that was the case, you would have heard my confession by night. Babes, I swear I love you with all my heart. I waited all these years to marry you because I knew, right from the day I met you that you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. My parents had a good marriage and I promise you, I'll do all in my strength to be the best husband I can be.'
I pinched hubby's bum and smiled: 'Same here, babes'
And I spoke just those three words but I meant too much more.

Don't you reckon that if we had babes, yelling at 'suspicious men/women' all the time, maybe it would help curb promiscuity to an extent........
I am aware some people have dangerously thick skins and it wouldn't matter if they were caught in the act.
I personally, don't see myself yelling at people in the street but I could yell if I found my friends, family and/or their spouses canoodling with someone else.
Well babes, kudos to you, whoever you are.




8 comments:

? said...

Now that’s hilarious but can I add a different perspective. Could it also not be deemed as unprofessional? What if your hubby sits on the board of the First Inland Bank bank? Those ladies acted clearly silly. What do you reckon?

Copido said...

I reckon it was quite silly but hey it takes a silly gal to deal with a silly man

princesa said...

I dont think yelling at cheating men or women would stop them but i guess it would give them a scare. But now how do you know who is cheating???
Congrats girl on a faithful hubby(at least i think so). Give him a kis for me ok!

? said...

lol talking about silly people. I know what you’re saying, but to an extent I reckon those ladies may be lacking a good sense of judgment and to an extent may come across as sort of unpredictable.

? said...

lol@princess
a kiss to copido's hubby...me I no want wahala...b4 copido vexes, I kuku did not hear or see anything.

Unknown said...

Awwww - Sweet love!!! LOL!!

Copido said...

@ Princess.....ok i gave hubby a kiss from his princess. Hope u r not jealous(lol)

@ pseudo-independent
I'm not vexing at all.

" calabargal
hehehehe!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

LOL!!! Na wah o! It's good to know we hav the wife patrol thing going on in V.I... Imagine how you would have felt if you were his girlfriend.... lol!