Wednesday 30 May 2007

Mr P Got Robbed

A friend called last week to inform me of her upcoming wedding.
She wore my aso-ebi so automatically, I've got to wear hers.
Anyway, I've noticed that everytime I send Mr P out with my car, he comes back with an empty tank.
His Excuse? Traffic! Traffic!! Traffic!!!
So anytime I need him to run errands for me, I send him off with Public Transport.

As I was not going out yesterday, I gave him the aso-ebi money to take to my friend's place on the Mainland.
He didn't get there till late and my friend had gone to her fiance's so I instructed him to go to her office first thing this morning.

I got a call at about 4.00pm today
Caller: Please am I speaking to Mrs XYZ?
Me: Yes
Caller: I am Mr P's friend. Please have you seen Mr P today? He left home since morning and said he was coming to see you to inform you about an incident that occurred yesterday.
Me: I have not seen him
Caller: Actually, he was robbed at gunpoint yesterday on his way home from an errand you sent him. The robbers took the money he had with him including some money you gave to him. They took his phones and his bank cards too. He has been trying to borrow money so he can return your money.
Me: What is your name?
Caller: My name? My name is....Mr P.
Me: Who are you? And how did you get my number?
Caller: I'm Akin, Mr P's mother's brother and your number has been stored on my phone since Mr P started working with you.
Me: If you have my number and you can call me, how come you couldn't advise Mr P to call me? And if this incident happened yesterday, how come I am just hearing now?
Caller: I'm calling you now because we are now looking for Mr P. He's missing
Me: I've not seen him but if he comes here, I'll let you know

I called hubby immediately to let him know what happened and he told me to relax and not panic.
At about 7pm, my doorbell rang, it was Mr P.
I just absolutely lost it and told him off.
What was the point in him coming that late and wearing a pretentious face when all he had to do was call me to let me know what happened and at least let me know if he was alright.

His story was full of contradictions and I reckon there's something fishy.
He said the caller was actually his father's elder brother and his name was Mr Akin P.
His father had called Mr P this morning to ask him for a loan to pay back my stolen money.
So I called Mr Akin P back and put him on speaker phone.

I asked if he had seen Mr P yet.
He said no.
I asked if he was Mr P's friend or relative.
He said: Mr P's mummy na my mama's last born.
I: Please can you give me your sister's number
He: I don't know it
I: Her husband's number?
He: I don't know it
I thanked him and hung up.
Mr P was dumbfounded and at least he looked ashamed.

What do you reckon peeps?
I know there's something fishy going on.
I know people get robbed in Lagos all the time & I think there's a possibility he was robbed.
There's also a possibility he was not robbed because there were too many loopholes in the two stories.
Well, I am not bothered.
I wont be trusting him with my money anymore though.
Do u reckon that's judgemental?
My life is becoming one big drama....

8 comments:

Admin UD said...

Hahahaha. that man is as fishy as a fish. It just doesnt add up. There are so many loopholes as you rightly mentioned.

I suggest you threaten him with police and see what happens.

? said...

Just to let you know, am leaving blogsville shortly. Ill try and return to drop a final comment.
God bless

Mrs Somebody said...

Mr P is definately lying through his teeth.But I just couldn't help laughing.Its a funny story and yes your life is becoming one big drama.
In the mean time,can you please update the story on Miss Ukoh?I'm waiting............
I lurve your blog.

Copido said...

@ Ugo Daniels:
Thanks for dropping by. I don't even have the energy for Nigerian Police now. I'll sure not be trusting him with money again.

@ Pseudo-Independent:
You can't be leaving. How will I survive without your witty comments?

@ Mrs Somebody:
That wicked Mrs Ukoh!
I'm still recovering from the deep hurt the memories evoked.
I sure will update ...soon?

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

The guy is lying girl.... I don't buy his silly story! But it's funny all the same!

Unknown said...

That ur MR P deserves the sack. His dramatics are too much. If he can pretend that he was robbed and appropraite your money, then you can only think what scams he'll dream of next. God forbid, he'll make a copy of the keys to ur house and hand them over to robbers. Get rid of him please.

Copido said...

@ Nyemoni:
lol

@ Calabargal:
Thing is, we've trusted him with money running into multiples of this amount & he didn't go MIA....Maybe he needed money really badly? I'm still afraid of these Nigerian roads

princesa said...

Mr P is now Mr. Liar but you cant throw him out just like dat, Let him know you know he is lying though and threaten him well well, i guess that will keep him in check till you get someone else.