Wednesday 23 May 2007

Mad @ Hubby (Be Warned: Very Long!)

Peeps, noone actually noticed there's been no 'glowing' comments on my 'lovey-dovey' hubby.
Well, I've been really mad at him and sulking like a baby.
We got an invitation for a Couples Dinner @ Sheraton last Saturday.
Anyways, hubby had to do some important things that afternoon and I said no worries as I wanted to rest too.
When I woke up at 615pm, hubby was nowhere in sight and our dinner was starting @ 7pm.
As you can imagine....I was fuming but I sent him an SMS saying: Babes, I'm not missing this dinner. If u r not home in an hour's time, I'll be leaving without u.....but I'll keep a seat for you.
While I was having a shower (actually washing my face) in the guest bathroom NEPA struck and the bathroom door suddenly opened shortly after.
I screamed and inhaled soapy water and of course, my eyes stung all through the night bcos some soap got in there too.
It was hubby anyways, I cant imagine what would have happened if it was anyone else, as noone even bothered to check if I was okay.
Or maybe I make too much noise? Wolf! Wolf!

Anyways, we were about 25minutes late for the dinner.
I wore a grey and blue satin and chiffon dress I bought in Wallis last summer/spring and hubby wore a navy-blue suit with a powder-blue shirt and a grey and blue tie, to match my dress.
The dinner went well, there was a stand-up comedian, some inspirational speeches on Marriages and Relationships, a Question and Answer session, Awards to the Youngest and Oldest Couples and finally (sigh), dinner @ 1036pm?
I know I shouldn't be eating after 7pm, but this is Nigeria oh!!!
Three-course meal, buffet style, cultured people, abundant food.
I must confess I'm not really a food person but I AM A SWEET ADDICT!!!!.
What I eat is what I should not be eating: sweets, pastries, ice-cream, cookies, chocolat, cakes, caramel etc
I picked a mixed fruit and vegetarian salad as my first course
I skipped main course
For desert, I picked a slice of every cake I found on display.
You lot shoulda seen my plate, it was unashamedly heaped!!!
Shamefully though, I wasn't able to devour everything.
I ate 2 caramel covered croissants, a yummy chocolate cake, a multi-colored cream cake, a soft bread-like thing that seemed to have been dipped in something really sweet and a not-too-sweet caramel cake.
Hubby shook his head at me and whispered: 'Glutton' when I burped.
There was no ice-cream so I had something that tasted like lemon juice???

Anyways, I had to pay a short homage to the loo before we left.
When I tried getting up, I found out that my toes were sore.
They had been cramped in my pointy-toes, silver and black shoes from Faith for too long.
I walked painfully and slowly to the ladies and back.
On returning, I told hubby my toes were sore and I removed my shoes.
But the dinner had ended and someone was already doing a closing prayer.
Hubby said to manage it to the car or hold the shoes in my hand.
I said I could walk to the lobby while he got the car and picked me up from there.
Hubby: You think you are talking to Mr P. Look, we're the only ones still seated. Lets go.
I got back into the hot shoes and slowly stood up.
I limped slowly and painstakingly from one foot to the other.
Yes, we were the last to get out of the banquet hall and I had to remind hubby several times to walk slowly to match my pace.
When we got to the hotel lobby, hubby's like: 'Babes, you have to decide now if you are going to walk with these shoes or take them off and walk bare-footed'
Me: Sweetie I cant walk barefoot
Hubby: Then walk and stop making it obvious your shoes are tight
Me: I can't help it.
Hubby:Look, I've had a long day and I just want to go to bed. We're still driving all the way to Lekki so we better hurry.
Me: Why are you making it sound like I am not making an effort?
Hubby: Cos that's what it looks like to me.
I continued walking slowly and hubby tried marching past me so I grabbed his arm and he just kept walking fast and pulling me along till I let go.
I found somewhere to perch, hoping he would come and get me.
Alas! I watched hubby walk away, get into the car and remain seated for like 5minutes, then my phone rang.

Hubby:(sounding irritated) Hello. I'm waiting for you.
Me: Please, my toes really hurt
Hubby: Babes, your toes did not hurt when you went to pile your plate with cakes. They didn't hurt all through the dinner. Please, I'm begging you, remove your shoes and come into the car.
Me: Thanks. I walked in wearing these shoes and I'm leaving in these shoes!
Hubby: You are just being stubborn and insensitive, you know I have had a long day.
Me: Whatever babes, whatever. Just go home, I'll take a cab
Hubby: Why don't you lodge in Sheraton instead? Abeg hurry up
Me: Thanks a lot for ruining a wonderful evening
Hubby: Same to you. I am waiting
Hubby cut the phone on me, first time ever.
I felt like a wounded prey.
By now, I was crying my trademark tears.
I rang him back.
Me:(sobbing) Do you remember, that on the 27th January this year, you promised you will be there for me in weakness and in strength. Tonight, I'm weak and I need you to be there for me...
Hubby: Babes, don't try to blackmail me.
Me:(still sobbing) Do you remember?
A middle-aged couple walked past and tried not to stare.
Hubby: babes, people are looking at you. Why do you enjoy making a scene
Me: I don't care about people, just answer me!!!
Hubby: I remember
Me: Thank you, because today, you have shown me that you lied at the altar. You did not mean a word you said that day. Thank you so much!!!!!
I got up and painstakingly made my way to the car and hubby.

As I buckled my seat belt Hubby: Boooo-booo-boo.(mimicking someone crying) I won!!!!!
I cried silently all the way home as I remembered how hubby was always the perfect gentleman throughout our years of dating.
I remembered how he would pay huge car-rentals, parking and congestion charges in London just to take me out.
I remembered how he had carried me to the car and our front door once because the heel of my shoe broke!
And I was very, very cross with him!!
By the time we got home, I had a terrible headache so I took Anadin extra, took off my shoes and I slept in my dinner dress and make-up.
On our wedding night, hubby and I promised each other we would never sleep on a fight.
That night, we slept without praying and talking.
Sunday morning, we both got up without a word to each other, got ready for church and left the house, in separate cars.
By the way, I wore the same shoes.

The Title of the Sermon was: The Foundations of Marriage
I cried all through the sermon, praise and worship, offering and closing prayer as the Pastor was actually somehow speaking directly to me, and hubby.
After service, a man held me on the shoulder and asked if I was okay.
A voice(hubby's) answered: Don't worry. She's okay
I heard the man tell him I had cried all through the service and I cried more bcos I felt so bad and because I was drowning myself in self-pity and realising marriage 'ain't all rosy'
Hubby took a seat beside me and hugged me.
His eyes were red too and he said: I am sorry
Me:(still sobbing) Why? Why did you do that to me? I really needed you. I really did
Hubby: Babes, I am so sorry. I guess I was tired and cranky
Me: Booooooooooo
Hubby passed me a hanky
Me: Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Voices: 'Is she okay?' 'Is anything the matter??' 'What's wrong with her?' 'Should I get the Pastor?'
Me: Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Hubby: (low voice) Babes, you are actually embarrassing me. People are looking
Me: I don't care! Let them look!!
Hubby: (uneasily) They'll be thinking I have been beating you
Me: (I looked into hubby's face and I could see he was sincerely sorry and he looked quite embarrassed and I spoke in a breaking voice) Sometimes, some words and actions can hurt more than physical violence

I got up and walked outta church with my head bent. I was having another nasty headache.
Hubby walked slowly beside me.
I couldn't help saying: 'For your information, I am wearing the same shoes, you better not wait for me'
Hubby laughed.
And although hubby had apologised, I didn't want to be in the same house with him yet.
I just wanted to run away, no destination, just away
But hubby got into my car with me and we talked and talked and talked and he made me promise I would come home now.
I said I just wanted to drive around but I later agreed to go home.
On getting home, we both went to sleep.
We've both been acting like semi-robots since.
However, I woke him up this morning, 0328am and said: Babes, I am sorry
Hubby: Does that mean I am completely forgiven?
Me: I guess so!
And it feels so good!
Well, I reckon, I was a tad inconsiderate and stubborn and there wasn't anything wrong with walking barefooted.
Silence really hurts and I've been so lonely in my marriage this past three days.
I won't be doing it again.
What do ye reckon peeps, should I throw the shoes away or hide them where I'll never find them again??

12 comments:

? said...

I am not trying to give you back a taste of your own medicine by making this long but should you really throw those sexy hot shoes (that caused you pain) away or hide them where you will never find them again? Should you?

At first, I was tempted to ask you to do to them what you would do with old running shoes but let me see… Perhaps we should hide one and throw the other away? Or why not pretend that you are going to throw them away and see if he cries.

Yes! Why can’t a man cry? You suggested to hubby that your poor toes were sore and removed your shoes. Yet he could not kiss those sore toes! How long do we have left on this planet, like we going to live forever, I think you are lucky to have a great hubby and in general all hubby’s should act like partners and take less notice of what others think or will think, what others say or will say. Less notice of whether they are being embarrassed, after all it’s about partnership. It is both of you that should matter and not others. Your hubby reminds me of my late dad who worried about what people will think, what people will say etc. You are in banking right? Ever heard of prudent (now the leading part of skye) – my late father established it and got UAC to buy into it, shortly before he died in ‘99. But I guess it’s sometimes good to pay attention to what people will say or think cos the old man was too principled to a fault that he never stole a single penny, not a single penny. All he gave us was education education education. Cos all he had was a good name. Did you ever hear of him? So I think I like the person of your hubby.

This does not mean that I believe that you were even a wee bit inconsiderate neither do I think that you are stubborn and that there is anything wrong with walking barefooted. I think what you needed and why you were crying perhaps was cos you needed to be loved and just needed some attention which I think every partner deserves. I am glad you guys have sorted it sha and you are now both happy jare. I think that’s the way it should be. Two very sweet and happy people!

Did I say sweet? And who said sweet dreams aren’t made of sweet? At the age of 8 I actually fell in love with sweets and into the trappings of dessert. It entices and lures doesn’t it?

Finally, who exactly is Mr. P? See me prying like say Na my papa business.

Btw: I think you ought to know that your burp has caused me to suffer from glutton allergy and think I need to go see a doctor!

Ill have to dash.

Anonymous said...

No don't throw your shoes away! I think you should throw your hubby away or hide him where you'll never find him again.Then people like us thst are searching for hubbies will find him and keep him safe away from you, until you grow up and learn to appreciate the good things of life that God has graciously given to you.

Copido said...

@ Pseudo-Independent:
ROTFLMAO
I won't throw my shoes away,thank you. You should be proud of your father. A good name is better than all the wealth of this world. My father embezzled all he could as a director, spent it on women and ended up a broke-ass in his old age. I'm so happy I'm married and I've shed that name.
For your nosyness, Mr P is my driver & yeah I've worked in banking

princesa said...

Am not going to be all soft on u and say ur hubby was wrong. Naa! I think u were not on point this time. My dear, u made a big deal about nothin really. Thank God u guys are chummy once again. Dont wear those shoes again o or when next u want to wear them, put some flipflops in ur bag in case of incasity.

Copido said...

@ Classique:
I see you are really hungry for a husband and won't mind leftovers, I'll advise you to concentrate on finding an eligible bachelor that suits you 'instead. The truth is you should not marry 'just-any-man' or you'll end up with 'just-any-marriage'. As for me, I married my best-friend so for me & my hubby, it's till death do us part!

Anonymous said...

No dear,I did not mean to be harsh or rude but it's kind of pains me to read all the babyish tendencies you displayed for your hubby.I won't take sides with you on this.But forgive me for the first comment.I was fuming out here.I like your writings and I like you but............you have to take it easy on these men.It's quite obvious that you are both in love but baby girl,don't try this stunts too often.

Copido said...

@ Princess:
I know I might have over-pushed it a bit but I'm sure I'm not the only wife that likes being pampered and spoilt. I won't o it again though. My mum does the flip-flop thing and it gets me so cross cos she always dumps her shoes with me but I'll give it some consideration.
Ta babes!

Copido said...

@ Classique:
Thanx ever so much, no more stunts

? said...

ok am back

Unknown said...

This post was so long I dont know where to start.

I can just picture your cake - full of a slice of every type of acake avaiable at the dinner. I've done that a couple of times myself. (smile)

O girl, your theatrics no get part 2! Chei! You for just throw face carry the shoe for your hand accross the lobby now? Imagine asking him to carry you to the car. After eating all that cake when ur weight would have been X2! Crucify me for yabbing you. LOL!!

Its nice you guys have made up. Married Couples have these little spats all the time. Its part of the 'getting to know each other'

Copido said...

@ Calabargal:

Don't mind me, I was just being nutty.

Tyger said...

@copido

you are such a sweet spoilt brat.... i like that you were crying in church! drama queen!

i dont think your husband would love you as much if you were any different! honestly

however grow up a bit... just a bit... you rock jare!

and yes lose the shoes... faith shoes - they cant cost the earth and your marriage is worth the earth! lol