Friday 25 May 2007

Not That Shirt!!

Hubby chose to wear a grey and blue striped shirt this morning.
It was a nice, Hackett shirt I actually chose for him about two years ago.
As you can imagine, it's a couple of sizes smaller now and the sleeves rest clearly above his wrist.
Me: Babes, you cant wear that shirt
Hubby: What's wrong with it?
Me: It's not your size anymore
Hubby: Babes, it's Friday. I won't wear it after today
Me: No! No! No!
Hubby: Please help me clean my shoes.

I quietly took out hubby's spare key from the dressing table drawer and I took his regular key from the dining table.
I hid them in my freezer.
I made him coffee and toast and cleaned his shoes.
And then I made myself a cup of ginger tea and sat down to catch-up with yesterday's American Idol.
Hubby ate, took his coffee and was ready to leave after a short prayer.

Hubby: Babes, my car keys?
Me: I've got them
Hubby: (laughs) I guess I'll only get my key if I change this shirt, abi?
Me: Yupp
Hubby: I don't have a choice, right? It doesn't matter if I really want to wear this shirt.
Me: Babes,you were a size 16 when you bought it. You are now a size 17
Hubby: I don't mind
Me: I do
Hubby: Okay, please choose another shirt for me. Mmmmh, my wife is already bossing me around......

So I chose a very similar-looking shirt with a matching tie and hubby changed.
I locked the wardrobe and got his car keys from the freezer
Hubby: I married a crazy woman
Me: Whatever!
He has since called me four times to let me know people keep saying the shirt is nice.
He wanted to know if we just bought it.
I reminded him we bought it in a small Italian shop in 2005.
I guess I'll be doing some wardrobe clearing this weekend.
We are also drawing up a household budget this weekend.
It seems all we've been doing since January is spend, spend, spend and we need to save before the kids start coming.
Signing off!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Men can be so stubborn sometimes. Whatever would they do without us ladies. Mine does exactly the same thing but his excuse is other men dont look at what others are wearing that its what comes out of your brains and your intellect that matters. I love that hiding keys in freezeer tactic.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Love your blog, there's so much to learn. Your comment on Stella's page really encouraged me to stay with my boyfriend (very inspiring). Thanks so much. Will visit your blog often. Have a blessed marriage.

Copido said...

@ Jennifer:
I am glad my advice was useful

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

HAHAHAHAAHAHAH! nice one... I liked that!